The NSW Government is committed to building a stronger, more resilient agricultural sector. This Budget supports regional industries and communities with a key aim of assisting farmers during the present drought crisis.
The Government is investing $1.7 billion to build stronger, sustainable and productive regional industries across the State, including:
- $355 million to extend critical drought assistance measures for farmers and rural communities
- $170 million for the Drought Stimulus Package
- $185 million in on-farm Emergency Drought Relief measures including continuing transport cost rebates and waiving annual land rates
- an additional $350 million towards the Farm Innovation Fund
- $3.4 million investment to start the process of extending the Wild Dog Exclusion Fence
- $24.4 million towards delivering three new Doppler radars in Western NSW
- $15 million to build on partnerships with groups like GRDC, CSIRO and the University of New England to develop new R&D capacity and help keep our primary producers world leading.