This Government has committed $72.7 billion over the next four years to infrastructure investments. Our investment in road and public transport projects aims to unclog our cities and get you home sooner.
This Budget continues to invest in road and public transport projects across the State, to help local communities thrive:
- $7.2 billion in Government investment for the third stage of WestConnex, including the M4-M5 link
- $4.9 billion across four years for Sydney Metro City and South West
- $3.5 billion across four years for the Pacific Highway upgrade
- $4.0 billion across four years for Sydney Metro Northwest.
The Government is also making significant investments in local roads, including:
- $648 million in 2017-18 of NSW and Commonwealth Government funded road upgrades to support Western Sydney airport at Badgerys Creek
- $548.5 million since the 2016-17 Budget for the Regional Road Freight Corridor program to create safer, more efficient road freight corridors
- $264 million across four years to reduce congestion on Sydney roads by addressing critical pinch points,and commencing the implementation of the Smart Motorways program on the M4 Motorway.