Kiama, Shellharbour, Shoalhaven
* excluding Wollongong
|Key industries:||Health care and social assistance, retail trade, construction|
Illawarra – Shoalhaven’s coastline is home to a population of more than 190,000. The Government is investing in health care, emergency services and schools as well as promoting economic growth by investing in tourism infrastructure including upgrading Minnamurra Rainforest Centre in Budderoo National Park and funding to revitalise the Shoalhaven heads foreshore.
Health and education infrastructure:
- $12.7 million in 2018-19 to complete the Bulli Hospital Aged Care Centre of Excellence
- $30.0 million in 2018-19 to continue the redevelopment of Shellharbour Hospital
- $5.5 million in 2018-19 to complete Shoalhaven Hospital car park
- planning future works for the Shoalhaven (Nowra) Hospital
- funding to continue works at Gwynneville and Dapto Public Schools.
Roads and infrastructure investment in 2018-19 including:
- $101.0 million to commence construction of the Berry to Bomaderry upgrade
- $65.6 million to commence construction of the Albion Park Rail bypass
- $15.3 million to continue planning for the new Nowra Bridge over Shoalhaven River.
Vibrant visitor economy:
- $2.5 million in 2018-19 to continue the Minnamurra Rainforest Centre – Infrastructure and Experience Invigoration
- $1.0 million for Shoalhaven Heads River Road Foreshore Precinct as part of the Regional Growth Environment and Tourism Fund.
Protecting our communities:
- $3.3 million in 2018-19 to complete Bay and Basin Police Station
- $600,000 in 2018-19 to replace the heating, ventilation and air-conditioning at Nowra Police station.