|Region||Bega Valley, Eurobodalla, Goulburn Mulwaree, Hilltops, Queanbeyan Palerang, Snowy Monaro Regional, Upper Lachlan, Wingecarribee and Yass Valley|
|Key industries:||Construction, public administration and safety, health care and social assistance|
South East and Tablelands has a rich and diverse geography, with extensive coastline to the east, the Snowy Mountains in the west and its heartland east of the Great Dividing Range. The region borders Victoria and the Australian Capital Territory.
The Government is delivering better services through investment in schools, hospitals, fire and police stations. This is on top of significant funding for new roads and the new Eden Wharf Extension Project which will help promote tourism in the area.
Key highlights include:
- continuing works on the new Queanbeyan Regional Distance Education Hub
- improvements to road networks in the region, including:
- $24.4 million in 2017-18 for Ellerton Drive extension, Queanbeyan
- $9.5 million in 2017-18 for Barton Highway improvements (state and federally funded)
- $5.0 million in 2017-18 for the Kings Highway, Clyde River Bridge replacement
- $3.5 million in 2017-18 for the Kings Highway, River Forest Road realignment
- $2.5 million in 2017-18 for heavy duty pavement on the Hume Highway (state and federally funded)
- $2.1 million in 2017-18 for initial sealing of the Main Road 54 from Goulburn to Bathurst
- investments to support development of local workforce and industries, including $26.2 million in 2017-18 and a project total of $42.0 million for the Eden Wharf Extension project to cater for cruise ships docking at Eden
- continuing works on the Southern Highlands Police Station and works on the Queanbeyan Police Station to commence in 2017, with estimated costs of $14.9 million and $17.0 million respectively
- hospital investments for 2017-18 in the region of:
- $10.2 million for the redevelopment of Goulburn Hospital with an estimated total cost of $120.0 million
- $5.0 million to continue major works on Bowral Hospital with an estimated total cost of $50.0 million
- $1.5 million for Cooma Hospital redevelopment with an estimated total cost of $10.0 million
- continuing works on the new fire station at Eden with an estimated cost of $1.0 million.