Connecting people to their workplace and to one another, safely and quickly, is a key priority of this Government. This Budget allocates more than $1.0 billion in 2017-18 to new roads and road upgrades across Western Sydney. This program of work includes an investment of $153.0 million in 2017-18 towards the Western Sydney Growth Roads Program. Highlights for 2017-18 include:
- $43.9 million for the Schofields Road upgrade (from Tallawong Road to Vernon Road, and Vernon Road to Richmond Road, via South Street)
- $26.9 million to widen Narellan Road to six lanes from Camden Valley Way to Blaxland Road
- $17.5 million towards the stage one upgrade of Campbelltown Road from Camden Valley Way to Denham Court Road
- $16.0 million for Memorial Avenue from Old Windsor Road to Windsor Road
- $13.4 million towards planning for the upgrade of Jane Street and Mulgoa Road
- $11.1 million for traffic improvements at Riverstone
- $4.5 million to widen Appin Road with intersection upgrades at Menangle Park.
In addition, we are working with the Commonwealth Government to fund the $3.6 billion Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan, which includes scoping work on a rail connection to the Western Sydney Airport.
- A total of $648.0 million of the Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan will be spent in 2017-18 including:
- $485.2 million in 2017 18 towards works on the Northern Road
- $99.3 million in 2017-18 to upgrade Bringelly Road. The Western Sydney Growth Roads Program and Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan complement other Government initiatives in Western Sydney including planning for Parramatta Light Rail ($25.0 million) and for new ferries to support growth in the Parramatta River services ($10.0 million).